What is a Luxury Travel Advisor?
So much of what goes into a successful trip is a result of the talent and dedication of the professional travel
advisor. Anyone who has worked with a great advisor will tell you that they take the stress out of travel planning.
They open doors to reservations, experiences, and activities that you might otherwise not be able to find on your
own. They work before, during and after your trip to ensure a seamless experience and extraordinary value.
What A Skilled Advisor Does Every Day:
▪ Takes the time and demonstrates the ability to discover, understand and care about your needs
o Uses their knowledge of you to find what fits your interests and lifestyle
o Offers suggestions about where to go
o Provides comparisons and helps you decide among multiple destinations on your bucket list
o Advises on the best time to go and the best way to get there
o Understands, you, the client, well enough to know when you are not making the best decision
for you personally
o Anticipates needs that you did not know you had
o Is dedicated to finding you the best value, saving you time and stress and being your advocate
▪ Provides expertise, experience, and knowledge beyond the common – that which cannot be Googled!
o Provides in depth destination information
o Provides information and analysis on air schedules and pricing
o Compares and contrasts cruises, tours, and hotels - analyzing what would be the best fit for
you and why
o Knows which suppliers should be considered and how they differ
o Orchestrates special and unique experiences
o Can draw on years of experiences with other clients – what worked; what did not - and on the
experience of the advisors within the Avenue Two Family
o Is trained to ask the right questions on complicated subjects and not just take the first answer
o Uses their experience to know when a claim or offer is either wrong or too good to be true
▪ Knows the best places to stay – not just the most expensive but the ones that fit your needs best
o Has the ability to refine the room choice and provide those special features you want –
connecting rooms with preferred views, preferred bedding, etc.
o Has insider access to perks and upgrades
o May ask favors of the General Manager or concierge – someone at a hotel who they know on a
first name basis
▪ Works beyond the sale - pre travel, during travel and post travel
o Makes sure that your preferences are known and acknowledged
o Jumps in to help should you encounter an emergency
o If the need arises, helps with any cancellation including rebooking options
Schedule of services I Offer to Clientele:
(Booking requirements vary & I will clearly outline the charges applicable to your booking prior to commencing work .
All service charges are non-refundable.)
TRAVEL COORDINATION SERVICE (Typical of a air only or 1 hotel only booking reservation)
▪ Minimal charge applied per ticket or per booking for a simple booking
▪ Includes recommendations and room proposals
▪ Includes Virtuoso and preferred partner benefits when applicable
▪ Presentation of multiple or repeated options would constitute a consulting fee
CONSULTING & ANALYSIS SERVICE
▪ Consulting and analysis of multiple options for tours, hotels, or cruises
▪ These services require extensive knowledge, research, and time
▪ Concierge service and cancellation charges may be additional
▪ Costs vary with the complexity of the trip. I will discuss these costs
CUSTOM ITINERARY PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
▪ Planning and executing a custom itinerary including Day-by-Day itinerary, hotel, and room
suggestions, touring and activity options, special event options and restaurant recommendations
▪ These services require extensive knowledge, research and time
▪ Concierge service and cancellation charges may be additional
▪ Costs vary with the complexity of the trip. I will discuss these costs.
VILLA AND YACHT CHARTER PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
▪ Consulting and analysis of multiple options for villa rentals or yacht charters
▪ Requires extensive and specialized knowledge; costs vary with the complexity of the trip
▪ May also include planning and executing a custom itinerary including Day-by-Day itinerary, group
transportation and touring, activity options, special event options and restaurant recommendations
▪ I'm happy to review plans or arrangements you have made on your own
▪ I will provide validation of your plan and suggestions for possible improvement
▪ I can provide the service of arranging your dining reservations, spa services, tee times,
tennis court time, ski services, etc. for you.
▪ Or, I will be happy to introduce you to the concierge at your destination should you wish to make
these arrangements this on your own.
▪ This charge covers the cost of our service to properly cancel your reservation and to be sure that you
receive appropriate refunds. This charge may be included in cancellation insurance coverage
[To read client travel feedback directly shared with me, please see: TRIP TALK]
© 2020 Mr.TravelAgent.net is Created, Owned & Updated personally by: Derek Schemonitz
A Luxury Travel Advisor & Full Time Associate of Avenue Two Travel
Avenue Two Travel does not represent, moderate, nor control this page.
In Addition To Below
Terms & Conditions:
Customers who make travel arrangements through Derek Schemonitz or Mr.TravelAgent.net, thereby become clients of Derek Schemonitz at Avenue Two Travel. Avenue Two Travel will build a secure client profile in our database with your submitted details. This profile can/will be used to complete reservations, send e-marketing and postal mail marketing both directly by Avenue Two Travel & indirectly by our affiliation with Virtuoso.
Any request for removal from our database must be in writing, and all requests for removal will be honored.
Third Party E-Commerce Bookings using Mr.TravelAgent.net:
Any reservation made through third party links on Mr.TravelAgent.net (i.e.: Classic Vacations, Viator, Virtuoso) you are actually making your reservation with that company on their e-commerce affiliate portal, all personal information and payment details transmitted in process of making a third party reservation are not the responsibility/ownership of Derek Schemonitz, Avenue Two Travel. We will be notified of your reservation shortly thereafter, and at time of Derek Schemonitz becomes the advisor of record and you become his client at Avenue Two Travel. Derek Schemonitz will still require to collect personal/payment details verbally or by secure intake form to document our profile database and record transaction into our accounting system. At which point Derek Schemonitz will become responsible for all future communication, billing and any additional matters for said reservation. Reservations made though e-commerce travel affiliates are not subject to any agency fees in themselves. Any additional services, consultation, and reservations secured by Derek Schemonitz may result in additional fees.